A bright future
in the United Kingdom
is waiting for you
for Digital Technology and Research occupations.
Are you an aspiring leader in the field of Innovation and Technology development?
Great Britain Wants You!
Great Britain wants to attract the leaders of tomorrow, to be part of the striving UK technology and innovation sector.
The ‘British Global Talent Work Visa’ route is open to talented and promising individuals with technical or business skills in the digital technology sector wishing to work in the UK.
Great Britain welcomes the brightest and best tech talent from around the world to come and work in the UK’s digital technology sector, contributing their cutting-edge expertise, creativity and innovation to maintaining the UK’s position at the forefront of the global digital economy.
GLOBAL TALENT WORK VISA
TECH: WHY THE UK?
ABOUT UK TECHNOLOGY INDUSTRY
Technology investment in the UK soared by 44 % to over £10 billion in 2020. Funding for UK cybersecurity start-ups has increased by a staggering 940 per cent since the beginning of Corona lockdown – with £496 million being raised in the first half of 2020.
According to the governments Cyber Security Sectoral Analysis 2020 there are 1,221 firms active within the UK providing cyber security products and services – a 44 per cent increase in the last two years – indicating that a new cyber security business is registered every week within the UK. Of this, 90 per cent of the sector consists of SMEs – with an associated estimated turnover of GBP2 billion (24 per cent of the sector’s revenues) Digital tech is second in importance in the UK labour market in 2020 after Healthcare. Digital tech roles have seen a 36% uptick from June to August.
DRSI LAW works hand in hand with organisations such as the International Tech Hub Network (ITHN) that work to forge innovation partnerships between the UK and international tech sectors, stimulate local digital economies, and build high-end digital skills to drive sustainable jobs and growth.
ONLY 2 PIECES OF EVIDENCE MAKES YOU ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
The initial requirements for aspiring leader in the field of Technology and Innovation to apply for Global Talent Work Visa:
YOUR FIRST STEP IN THE UK STARTS HERE.
CHECK IF YOU'RE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
Start with a simple questionnaire and check if you meet the requirements.
If you meet the basic requirements, our legal team at DRSI LAW will send over a detailed Global Talent Work Visa application, and provide you with an assessment of your UK immigration options.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- INITIAL VISA APPLICATION FORM:
Once your initial questionnaire has been submitted, a detailed Global Talent Work Visa application form will be send by our team to your email address.
- PROFESSIONAL ASSESSMENT PROCESS:
Based on your filled Application form, DRSI LAW team will evaluate your eligibility to apply for a work visa to the United Kingdom.
- OFFICIAL UK VISA APPLICATION:
If our legal team at DRSI LAW finds you eligible to apply for a work Visa in the UK, we will schedule a consultation meeting to discuss your case in more detail. Together, we will strategize on the best manner in which to proceed and find out which method is right for you.
- WELLCOME TO THE UNITED KINGDOM:
Your UK Global Talent Visa is valid for up to five years and you are eligible to live and work in the United Kingdom.
You next process will be to apply for ‘Leave to Remain’ status and later, apply for a UK passport.
Professional Advisory session is £350 per hour, Which will be deducted from your application costs.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The British Global Talent Work Visa is granted for 1-5 years (and can be renewed for 1-5 years at a time indefinitely) to talented and promising individuals who are considered as leaders or emerging leaders in a specific sector and are wishing to live and work in the United Kingdom.
The Global Talent “TECH” visa is focused on both sides of the Tech sphere from the founders and finance executors, the CMO, the CEO, the CTO to the developers, software engineers and architects, in any area of Tech – such as Hightech, Proptech, Fintech, Lowtech, Biotech, AI to CYBER and more.
The experienced team of DRSI Law can provide you with an assessment of your eligibility to apply for the Global Talent Visa and guide you through each step of the application process.
Yes. If you are approved for a Global Talent Work, your spouse or partner and your dependent children under 18 years of age can also apply online for the relevant visa to live in the UK with you.
In general, from the time you complete your UK Immigration Consultants Assessment Application to the time you receive a decision about your British work visa application (assuming you were evaluated as eligible to continue the process), could take approximately 4-6 months.
The Global Talent Work Visa has the option to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (permanent residency in the United Kingdom) after living in the UK for a certain number of years and meeting other eligibility requirements.
After living in the UK with Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) status for a certain amount of time and satisfying other eligibility criteria, you and your family may be able to apply to receive British citizenship.
In general, a person may apply to become a British citizen after living in the UK legally for five years (including 12 months with Indefinite Leave to Remain status) and satisfying other eligibility criteria.
Technical Skills Occupations
● DevOps / SysOps engineers
● Principal software engineers/developers
● Experienced data scientists/data engineers
● , Natural Language
● Processing and Machine Learning experts (AI, NLP, ML)
● Cybersecurity experts
● Hardware engineers
● Experienced front-end developers
● Operating systems engineers
● Experienced video game developers
● Experienced UX/UI designers
● Experienced Mobile App developers
● Experienced back end developers leading development of, or contributing heavily to major new technologies or open-source projects (e.g. blockchain, Scala, Golang,Elasticsearch etc)
● CTO or VP engineering experience managing teams of in-house employees at a growing digital business
● Virtual and augmented reality developers
● Cyber ( security, development, programming, entrepreneur)
● Gaming ( programming, development, testing entrepreneur)
Business “Tech” Skills “Occupations”
● Founder/ Senior VC/ Director/ CFO/ CTO/ CRO/ CEO
● Experience of leading substantial VC investment over £25m GBP
● Experience as a commercial/business lead (P&L, growth, sales and distribution strategy) in a digital business
● Experience of expanding or growing a significant product-led digital technology business
● Sector-specific experience e.g. payment infrastructure in FinTech / international expansion in EdTech etc.
● Solution sales experts
● Experienced Product Manager
● SaaS or enterprise sales leadership for digital services
● Solution sales skills performed for a growing B2B digital business (i.e. not big-company experience)
● Performance marketing experts, performed in house for digital businesses
● Experienced and senior VC or PE analysts with track records of leading investments in digital businesses
● Experience as C Suite in a SMEs + (CEO, CMO, CIO) or head of operations for a digital business
DRSI LAW has a vast range of experience filing cases to the British fashion Council ,Tech Nation, Royal College of arts, Royal Society, for science and medicine, Royal Academy of Engineering, The British Academy, Arts Council England and the UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), for research applicants.
We evaluate your eligibility, guide you on the documentation to collect, edit the package in accordance to the strict requirements and follow through the entire process starting with an endorsement, till the visa stage.